How to Export complete JIRA Agile/Confluence configuration and data from OnDemand back into OnDemand?

Mark W. Foster August 6, 2014

Having read a number of threads it is not clear to me that this is possible for paranoid DR. All questions below are about OnDemand-to-OnDemand, that is:

1. Can I completely export everything in JIRA Agile configuration and re-import them in a later date separately from the issue data?

a. If not, can I export all JIRA Agile conifiguration and issues and re-import them into OnDemand and if so are there any constraints?

2. Can I completely export everything in Confluence and re-import them in at later date separately from JIRA Agile data?

a. If not, can I export all conifiguration and content in Confluence and re-import them into OnDemand and if so are there any constraints?

3. If there are links between Confluence and JIRA Agile will they survive this process?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

Hi Mark,

1 - Currently is not possible to export Agile data (and any plugin data) separately from the JIRA data. The only way to import plugin's data (including Agile) is to restore a full XML backup. This request is being tracked in this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28748

a - You can't export Agile data separately from the rest of your data, only generate an XML Backup (or a database dump) and restore everything. If you use the full XML backup restore method, you can restore all your data in either OnDemand or BTF.

2 - Actually JIRA Agile is a plugin only for JIRA and is not related to Confluence, so their backups and restores do already work completely separated.

a. You can export all configuration from Confluence just as in JIRA, in an XML Backup or database dump, and then restore it later in either OnDemand or BTF.

3. The application links after the migration/restore of the backups is cleared out, but none of the data generated from this connection is going to be lost. You will just need to recreate the application link between JIRA and Confluence once both applications are restored and running.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer