How to Change Atlassian Org Admin (original org admin has left the company)

parkermiller July 7, 2021

Hello. The individual who created our company's Atlassian Org is no longer with our company. Before he left, he added me and my business partner as Site Admins, but not Org Admins, so we are unable to remove him and designate ourselves as Org Admins.

Is anyone able to help us remove him as the Org Admin? I am happy to provide any documentation you may need to verify our identities.

3 answers

0 votes
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

@parkermiller do you happen to use Active Directory for logins to Jira?  If so, you could have your AD admin change the password for said user, then login with that access and grant privs from there.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Hi Parker,

In this case I would open a request with the Support.

You can find them here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Hi Bastian, I originally created this as a request with Atlassian support, and they told me to post to the Community instead, and that there are reps here who would be able to help. Does that sound incorrect? Should I maybe restart the process with Atlassian support instead? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Contact Atlassian support and select billing in the drop down.

Hi Jack, I originally created this as a request with Atlassian support, and they told me to post to the Community instead, and that there are reps here who would be able to help. Does that sound incorrect? Should I maybe restart the process with Atlassian support instead? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Generally that is correct. As you are on a three plan you really don’t have any support outside of the community. However the community is a great place for support at least for most things. However we are unable to assist with anything beyond answering questions. In this case you’re going to need someone from Atlassian to assist. So my question is when you open the support request did you do so under billing option or something else?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events