How to Automatically Email Assignee if a Ticket in the Active Sprint is Not Updated after X Days

Lauren Brown September 21, 2022

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to create an automatic email notification to the assignee if a ticket in the active sprint has not been updated after X days? Such updates would be a status change, a new comment, etc.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Yes, you can use automation to do this. Create one that runs on a schedule and use a JQL like this to get all the issues:

sprint in openSprints() AND updated < -5d

Your automation would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 2.28.36 PM.png

Lauren Brown September 22, 2022

Thanks Mikael!

This is what I was looking for. I do have a follow up question. If a user has multiple issues that have not been updated in the last X days, is there a way to group these into one email notification to the assignee or will the assignee receive separate emails for all issues that meet the criteria?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

There is, you would have to use the lookup issue action, and then use the lookupIssue smart value to group them into a single notification. You can find out more information about the list function here.

Lauren Brown September 22, 2022

I'll take a look at this. Thanks again Mikael!

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events