How many simultaneous connections can we use with the API?

mickael moreau May 17, 2021

Hi,

I download all JIRA for multiple projects and to speed up the download, I use the parallelization with 6 or 8 simultaneous connections.

Sometimes it is failed, so I need to reduce the number of connections.

So my question is, how many simultaneous connections can we use with the API?

Thanks for advance for your help

Regards

Mickael

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Loads more than 8.

I think we need to know what the errors are when "it fails".

mickael moreau May 18, 2021

The error is :

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='invensense.atlassian.net', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /rest/api/latest/serverInfo (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x2b8ce54e1e50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 110] Connection timed out')) while doing GET https://invensense.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/serverInfo [{'params': None, 'headers': {'User-Agent': 'python-requests/2.20.0', 'Accept-Encoding': 'gzip, deflate', 'Accept': 'application/json,*.*;q=0.9', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Cache-Control': 'no-cache', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'X-Atlassian-Token': 'no-check'}}]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2021

That would suggest that you're hitting the API hundreds of times and hence overloading it.

mickael moreau May 19, 2021

But I use only 6 connections at the same time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2021

What are those connections doing?  A hit is not just a single point, they could be doing something massive causing the overload as well.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events