How long can it take to re-open a sprint?

Luisa Quinonez March 19, 2023

As an admin I clicked on the 'reopen sprint' button 30minutes ago (exactly) and the board is still loading. 

Is this normal for it to take an extended amount of time re-opening the board? 

Or could there be something wrong in the back-end and Jira isn't programmed to provide a pop-up / error message in a timely manner?

Because at the moment the user doesn't really have an indicator of how long it will take for the board to be re-instated / sprint re-opened.... it just loads forever...

Thanks,

Luisa

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Luisa Quinonez March 19, 2023

Thank you Ben, Carlos and Asha! Appreciate you all took the time to get back to me to help me :) 

I just copied that same URL (the one loading) and pasted in into another tab and it loaded up fine = my sprint that been successfully re-opened and it all looked good = happy days!

Who knows if it had something to do with the browser itself or something else, nonetheless, all resolved. 

Have a great one you all!

Luisa

1 vote
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2023

Hello @Luisa Quinonez 

It Usually don't take too long according to my experience. 

Thanks

1 vote
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

Hi @Luisa Quinonez ,

Welcome to the Community! Yes, I agree that it shouldn't take that long.  If you try to re-open a different sprint, do you observe the same delay (i.e, how consistent is the issue)? Could someone else try to re-open a sprint to see if other users experience the same?

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2023

@Luisa Quinonez ,

That seems like a long time base from my own experience. Usually its within minutes. May suggest to start up a new sprint and contact support if still waiting. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

-Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events