How does a Status change trigger Status Changed (date)?

Anders E. Jensen February 3, 2021

We have a process where Finance once a month extract issues that are changed to Done during e.g. January 2021. That's not a problem; However we experience that if e.g. a Story during January accidently change status to Done the Status Changed date is updated (of course). However, if then the status is changed to any other status and then back into Done during e.g. February - then Status Changed date is not updated (it seems to keep the date for the first "Done". Is that right?

1 answer

0 votes
KHack February 3, 2021

Jira should be keeping track of all the status changes, which should be queryable using the WAS operator. Look on this page for some examples: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/

In your example, is correct that the issue WAS Done in January, from a JQL perspective. You may want to expand your query to exclude those accidents, something like status WAS Done DURING ("2021/01/01","2021/01/31") AND NOT status CHANGED AFTER "2021/02/01"

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Anders E. Jensen and @KHack 

I am wondering... Isn't the CHANGED AFTER operator date-based and also equates to greater than not greater than or equal to?  So using "2020/02/01" could allow things un-Done on 2/1 to slip through, right?  Or is the time implied to be 00:00 for these?

Would this be better?

status WAS Done DURING ("2021/01/01","2021/01/31")
AND NOT status CHANGED AFTER "2021/01/31"

If I have this wrong, please let me know.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events