How do you set an automated checklist based on component and summary conditions?

taylor.roberts January 12, 2021

I initially followed these instructions (https://railsware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHK/pages/305528896/Automation+for+Jira) but got lost at the point where I have to set the property key and value. I don't know where to find these for a checklist (or anything else for that matter). 

I need to create a variety of checklists based on more than just the issue type: 

1. Component 

2. Summary (contains) 

Are there any simplified instructions for this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @taylor.roberts ,

if you're following the first scenario (Set Checklist on Issue Creation) I believe the property key will always be the same:

com.railsware.SmartChecklist.checklist

The property value is the template for the checklist, so it will be different for each of your checklists. The first row is the name of the checklist and the next 3 rows are the names of checkboxes, which will be created.

You should be able to do if/else block in your automation rule to be able to create different checklists based on different conditions (see here, section is/else block).

Roni Karbuz Rosas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

Hi Hana,

Thanks for the information provided, it helped me. 

I have realized that when someone in my team checks an item in the checklists when they refresh the page or access the ticket at a later time the completed task is gone.

Do you know why this is happening?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events