How do you put and Epic on hold

Andries Becker March 31, 2021

I am using Advanced Road maps and there are epics that the Dev team are just not getting too but we don't want to remove. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Andries Becker,

When you remove an Epic from a plan it will not delete the Epic from Jira, it will just be excluded from a plan. Therefore if you want to just see the work that you think you will get to then you can just exclude it (select the Epic then use the Bulk Actions menu and select Remove from plan). You can always add the Epic back at a later date.

I think a similar question as @Trudy Claspill though, which is what would you expect to happen within the rest of Jira? You could mark an Epic as on hold (i.e. maybe via status) but there is actually nothing to really stop it being worked on?

If you're looking for the work to not be considered by the auto-scheduling algorithm in Advanced Roadmaps the best way would be to put the Epic (and it's children) into a resolved workflow state.

Regards,

Dave

Andries Becker March 31, 2021

So I am using the Advanced Road maps as reporting view for management in my company. Thus the requirement is that we can see what projects are being worked on and what is not being worked on or On Hold all together. 

So if you look at an EPIC in the ARM I still want to display it as To Do but indicate it's inactivity.  

Like Dave likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hi @Andries Becker,

If this is just for reporting then I would probably recommend adding the appropriate statuses into your workflow and adding making sure that the status column is displayed in your plan for visibility.

Regards.

Dave

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

I am not a user of Advanced Roadmaps, but based on my review of the documentation there is not a way to indicate an epic is 'on hold'.

If you could put an Epic on hold, what would you expect to happen in the roadmap for that Epic? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events