Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you locate the sprint field value in a next gen project?

I'm trying to bulk change issues in a next-gen project. I would like to move multiple issues (currently in a backlog with no sprint) to a future sprint. When I enter my sprint name in the "Change Sprint" field on the operation section, I receive the error sprint field value must be a number. I'm having trouble locating this number, in place of the sprint name field. 

How do I find the sprint field value number for each of my future sprints? I can only find the sprint name and it does not match the field value. It is not on a CSV export either. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rachel Wright Community Leader Nov 06, 2019

Hi @Chris Romero ,

I couldn't find the sprint's ID value exposed in the UI either but I was able to find it via a JQL query!  In my example, the sprint called "Test Sprint 1 - 2019-05-02 18.27" is ID 1.

sprint.png

If I click on the sprints really long name, my query changes to the format "sprint = 1" and returns the expected issues.

I know you said you have Cloud, but if any Server users are reading this, you can also get this info from the database.

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Oh, that's where it lives! Super helpful, thanks Rachel!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,528 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you