How do you deliver stakeholder reports for projects?

Lottiah Smith March 29, 2023

Hi, 

I present weekly status reports regarding projects to stakeholders. In my reports I include a brief summary, budget, timeline, update regarding epics, important call outs, design updates, call offs. I want to have my stakeholders more interested in the report, and may think I should change my format. I want to reach out to see, How do you deliver stakeholder reports for project?  How do keep your stakeholder engage with your report? Any advice I would really appreciate. 

Thank you, 
Lottiah

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2023

@Lottiah Smith 

I'm not sure what's the format of your current report, but I for one advocate for PDF reports. Our Jira PDF exporter app, Better PDF Exporter for Jira is often used by customers to create professional-looking PDF reports for management to inform or prepare them for their meetings.

If you need more than plain exports of Jira data, you can start from the Jira dashboard and create a starting point by exporting your Jira dashboard gadgets. You can then customize the PDF further by adding your own comments or data from other sources.

In one case, what made managers appreciate reports more was automated delivery. A customer working at a large telco company automated these reports for managers using Better PDF Automation. His managers get the report automatically every Monday before their morning meeting.

Here is their story of creating Jira reports for managers >>
You can browse sample reports here >>
If you have customization questions, reach out to us >>

jira-cloud-dashboard-agile-sprint-report.png

jira-project-status-report.png

(Please note that Better PDF Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Lottiah Smith March 31, 2023

Hi Levente, 

I provide a g slide in PDF format, I am aware of this process I have not consider to format the report from Jira but yet gathered information when needed. I will try this method, I really like the format. Thank you for this information I appreciate it. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Lottiah Smith,

as Levente already mentioned it can be quite convenient for managers to get automated reports if that's the way you "present" yours.

On the other hand, we and our customers find it way more engaging if reports are interactive. That's why we developed our easy BI and dashboarding solution Exply.

Exply is not (yet) able to send automated PDF reports to managers. But you can customize your reports/dashboards the way you want with the KPIs managers need and either have them look once a week at the corresponding dashboard or show them around.

exply-hero-image-2.jpg

If you like we can schedule a quick demo call. Just hit me up via fabian@exply.io :)

Cheers,
Fabian form Exply

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events