How do you create a new project from CSV in the new Jira experience?

AWS Deployer January 3, 2018

I use csv files as templates to seed issues for customer engagements. I have not been able to find the equivalent functionality in the early preview of the new Jira experience.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Rodney,

From my experience with the importer, if you go to Settings and External System Import or use teh 'g+g' administrative command, when you attempt to import a CSV file the second screen asks you to choose the project you want to associate the import with or lets you chose a configuration file:

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 4.22.30 PM.png

Select Use an existing configuration file if you need to map the columns in your CSV file to fields on your Jira site.
If you don't have a configuration file or want to create one, leave the box unchecked. Jira will create a configuration file at the end of the import.

Let me know if that helps.  If not and you're trying to perform a different action let me know and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

AWS Deployer January 3, 2018

Branden,

Thanks. That worked. I am used to going to Projects>Create Project> and then selecting "Import a project" at the bottom left of the dialog box.

A bit of feedback.That shortcut experience was more intuitive than going to Settings>System>External System Import.

Thanks,

Rodney 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for the follow-up and the feedback.  One thing I would recommend is to leave feedback for the devs and Cloud team by clicking on your avatar and choosing Leave Feedback:

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 4.42.26 PM.png 

This will go to the developers and they are actively collecting Feedback on the New JIRA Experience at this time to find out what you like, don't like or would like to see changed.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer