How do you copy the last comment of an issue to a custom field in JIRA Cloud?

Mikkel Lauridsen June 12, 2018

Hi 

It seems there are various alternatives for plugins to identify the last comment on issues if you are using the Server solution for Jira. However, I can't seem to find any such plugin for the Cloud solution for Jira. Have any of you guys had any success in such a plugin for the Cloud solution?

Mikkel

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2018

Hello @Mikkel Lauridsen

It's possible to have last comment displayed for an issue on the Jira cloud using the "free addon - Automation Lite"

Please see the explanation here

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-2734?focusedCommentId=1643536&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-1643536

Mikkel Lauridsen June 12, 2018

Works like a charm, thank you!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2018

Hello @Mikkel Lauridsen

Glad to know that it's working, please accept/ upvote the answer so that others are helped as well.

RASHMI NARAYAN _23165668_ May 24, 2022

This seems to be not working now. I'm unable to find the same in Atalssian Marketplace for cloud instance.

0 votes
Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

A bit late, but to get first and last comments (and more comment related fields) as a synchronised custom field you can also use the cloud App Comment Custom Fields for Jira.

The fields build at installation and will stay in sync from then on.

Hope this helps someone.

Best,

Thomas

Disclaimer: I'm the product manager of this add-on.

Leif Fortson September 8, 2020

I am trying to display the last comment in a jira filter for an epic in Confluence.  Will this add-on solve for that?

Thanks,

Leif

Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

Hi Leif,

As far as I understand what you are trying to achieve, it should work. You could give it a try by starting a free trial and open a support ticket in case you run into issues.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Thomas

Suggest an answer