How do you add fields to the Backlog - not the Active Sprint Board?

Desiree Olivito June 3, 2020

I need to add fields to the Backlog view - for example Epic and fix version.  Updating the Board settings/Card layout adds to the Active Sprint only - not the below view.

jira backlog.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hello @Desiree Olivito

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually, you can add fields in both the active Sprints and backlog views in the same Card layout menu under Project settings. Please, follow the steps below to add fields to your backlog view:

1. Navigate to your board > Click on ... > board settings > Card layout
  2. In the Backlog section, add the fields you want, as displayed in the screenshot below:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 20.32.20.png

Please, provide us with a screenshot if you are seeing a different screen when navigating to the card layout menu.

Desiree Olivito June 5, 2020

Perfect - this worked!  Actually - I really did not need to add fields to the backlog as I was looking for standard fields - Epic, Assigned To, Fix version.  The tickets did not have this data so that is why it was not showing up in the Backlog. 

However, good to know how to add additional fields if required, between Active Sprints and the Backlog.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2020

I'm glad my instructions have helped you @Desiree Olivito

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders