How do i remove mandatory fields for creating a jira ?

Priyanka Bikam May 6, 2021

Everytime i create a jira it asks for mandatory fields , is there a way to remove them without contacting jira admin 

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hi Priyanka - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need to edit the Field Configuration being used by that project. That's where fields are made mandatory. 

And, yes, a Jira Administrator will have to do that. 

You will need to ask around in your company as to who is a Jira Administrator. You might start with whoever is the Project Administrator in Jira for the project you are working on. 

Thank you John.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes

I am trying to contact admin but it shows jira admin have not configured my contact. Is there any other way to contact the admin ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

If they have not published contact details, then you'll have to use other sources of information - who asked you to use this Jira?  Who gave you the account?  Do you know other users who may know who the admins are?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

No this would require your admin to make changes to the screens in the required fields.

How can admin make changes to the screens in the required field ? 

Do we have steps on same ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

They will need to change the "field configuration" for the project and issue type, or the validators in the workflow (those are the two main ways to make a field "mandatory")

Suggest an answer