How do i create a unified project dashboard view?

Corchil Kelly November 2, 2023

I have about 3/4 projects running at the moment with multiple teams on it. I want to create a unified dashboard view where I can pull all projects and check tasks and issues by individuals, dates etc. 

I tried using the task tracker template, but it seems I can't import tasks from already created projects without using CSV upload which is a bit of a drag.

How do i achieve this one interface.

4 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2023

Hi @Corchil Kelly if you want a centralized view, I'd greatly recommend our app Dashboard Hub for Jira - Custom Charts & Share Reports!

It allows you to create a Single Source of Truth for your teams, by pulling data from different instances, projects, and product integrations into easy-to-read dashboards with pre-defined templates, nearly 100 pre-built metrics, custom charts, and formulas :)

Why don't you try it free for 30 days? We're here to solve any doubts and jump into a call if necessary.

Hope it helps!

Highlight Image 2 - Cloud.png

Rochelle Levy May 15, 2024

Hi Ivan, I've downloaded the app and I like the Dashboard widgets. I'm looking to create some automated dashboards across our projects to reduce time on reporting, so I am looking to see how I can make the queries dynamic. Is there anyway I can do this?

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2024

Hi @Rochelle Levy I'm sorry for my late response.

Queries are dynamic, the results vary if the projects have more issues, the fields change values, etc. What is your concrete use case? :)

Dashboard Hub also provides a dynamic filter bar, so you can report on your entire portfolio of projects and then filter by project, assignees, components, dates, and more.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
November 2, 2023

Hi @Corchil Kelly

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find a range of interesting options there. If I may provide a concrete recommendation, you may want to have a look at the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

With these, you can easily build an interactive overview of your work and slice and dice your data by whatever dimensions you might be interested in. E.g., this is how a cross-project view, with issues organised by assignee, could look like:

project-overview.gif

This is just one view - you can really model any grouping, issue hierarchy, sorting and filtering, etc., and quickly switch between these.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2023

Hi @Corchil Kelly,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The default gadgets for the dashboard does not allow you to create dynamic gadgets that would allow you to make changes to the filters use on the fly. You would need an app from the Marketplace in order to do it. We are using Custom Charts for Jira to do this, it allows you to create simple search gadgets that you can use to dynamically select individuals, dates etc.

Corchil Kelly November 2, 2023

alright. I will try it out but is it something someone like an HR can use to check and track productivity?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2023

Yes, the Custom Charts is really easy to use, especially if you add the simple search gadget and connect your charts to it. 

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 11.48.33 AM.png

Here is an example of it that we use for our IT dashboards. Each button is a custom JQL and you can set a default one and add instructions to the gadget. So you could create one where the user would only have to click on a couple of buttons to see the data.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
November 13, 2023

Hello @Corchil Kelly,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option to create a dynamic Jira dashboard would be our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.

With our app you can add one or more Quick Controller gadgets to your dashboard which filter the dashboard gadgets dynamically. 

You can check out our app without installation on our demo dashboards.

quick-filters-jira-dashboards_controller.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events