It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do i create a new filter in new JIRA UI

I want to create a new filter in new UI, but i am unable to find from where i should create a filter

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted

You should go to Issues->Search Issues. Then you should enter your JQL Query and use the "Save as" button.

The user experience is really bad! 

Like # people like this

Yes I agree... not obvious at all

Like # people like this

This is ridiculous. I hope they have filed a Jira for this.

Like # people like this
Like # people like this

this is a terrible interface.  I'm moving to a new tool

Like # people like this

agreed. terrible.  where are my saved filters? how do I copy and existing filter?  I wonder if any real users are consulted with this new UX.  #sadpanda

Like Mark Devine likes this

On-boarding newbies was more graceful in the previous UX. Newbies found it much easier to poke around and find out things for themselves. This new UX is so counter-intuitive to both new and old. All around a bit drag on productivity and endless frustration. Not happy at all.

Like # people like this

It really helped me. Thanks a lot

Horrible Horrible Horrible user experience.  Just horrible.

When I go to 'My Filters' page ... there's no 'Create Filter' function? ... this is a mere oversight ... can you add a 'Create Filter' button/function to this page?

Thank you.

Best,

Allan

I know that it has been answered, but for anyone (like me) enjoys to consume information in the video format, I would suggest watching this video on how to create a quick-filter:

https://youtu.be/8LrVMrgiytA

In this video I also go into some basic JQL, that might be helpful!

0 votes
Eric Wood I'm New Here Apr 11, 2019

They still have not fixed this horrible user experience.

Go to Issues->Search Issues. For me, the missing piece was one must click "Advanced search". Then you should enter your custom JQL Query search and press the "Save as" button.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Early Access: If you use Jenkins and Jira Software Cloud, you need to read this!

The Jira Software Cloud Team has been busy working on a simple, secure, and reliable way to integrate your build and deployment information from Jenkins with Jira Software Cloud. This means you don’t...

706 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you