How do i create a new filter in new JIRA UI

Mazhar January 28, 2018

I want to create a new filter in new UI, but i am unable to find from where i should create a filter

8 answers

1 accepted

12 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2018

You should go to Issues->Search Issues. Then you should enter your JQL Query and use the "Save as" button.

Deleted user March 28, 2018

The user experience is really bad! 

Like # people like this
Con Fountas April 11, 2018

Yes I agree... not obvious at all

Like # people like this
Jason Townes French July 15, 2018

This is ridiculous. I hope they have filed a Jira for this.

Like # people like this
Deleted user September 6, 2018

awful

Like # people like this
Chris Padwick September 27, 2018

this is a terrible interface.  I'm moving to a new tool

Like # people like this
George Peden (Slalom) October 4, 2018

agreed. terrible.  where are my saved filters? how do I copy and existing filter?  I wonder if any real users are consulted with this new UX.  #sadpanda

Like # people like this
Jody Melicher November 20, 2018

On-boarding newbies was more graceful in the previous UX. Newbies found it much easier to poke around and find out things for themselves. This new UX is counter-intuitive (maybe it's just me). All around the new UX caused a drag on our productivity and endless frustration. Not happy - maybe it will improve going forward.

Like # people like this
Arabela Fabre January 23, 2019

It really helped me. Thanks a lot

Like Samantha de la Vega likes this
David Cho March 6, 2019

Horrible Horrible Horrible user experience.  Just horrible.

Like # people like this
Allan Schwarb June 17, 2019

When I go to 'My Filters' page ... there's no 'Create Filter' function? ... this is a mere oversight ... can you add a 'Create Filter' button/function to this page?

Thank you.

Best,

Allan

Like # people like this
4 votes
pete_reitmeyer April 21, 2020

OK - I see 2 YEARS worth of comments on needing a simple "create filter" choice or button etc. in a drop down or on the side panel or somewhere useful in the flow.  I don't get it.  Who thinks it's a good UX or obvious at all to go to issues and filters then all issues then to advanced search to the have to then type over whatever search comes up to finally create a new filter so you can use/save it?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  

2 votes
Chandan Jain April 8, 2020

I am amazed at the HORRIBLE User Experience. What a shame.

2 votes
Eric Wood April 11, 2019

They still have not fixed this horrible user experience.

Go to Issues->Search Issues. For me, the missing piece was one must click "Advanced search". Then you should enter your custom JQL Query search and press the "Save as" button.

Deleted user November 18, 2022

ugh

1 vote
Anatoly Spektor January 10, 2019

I know that it has been answered, but for anyone (like me) enjoys to consume information in the video format, I would suggest watching this video on how to create a quick-filter:

https://youtu.be/8LrVMrgiytA

In this video I also go into some basic JQL, that might be helpful!

Hannah Niebla January 13, 2022

THANKS!! I don't see how to save ym search anywhere hope this helps me

0 votes
John Thai April 20, 2021

Not sure how this got approved from dev but there's nothing to manage in "Manage Filter" pane/UI!!!!!

0 votes
Jihfan Lin April 29, 2020

There is a Create Filter button but it takes you to the same Search Issue page, so not really a fix on the problem. 

0 votes
Kasturi Kumthekar March 11, 2020

If you already have some existing filters, Advanced Search defaults to that filter from your existing session. It does not allow to create a brand new filter. Terrible.

Suggest an answer