How do i associate an additional field config to a project?

Nick March 29, 2021

Hi 

I'm struggling to work out how i can add my newly created field config to an existing project as an additional field config for a Support issue.

So far i have created a field configuration and field configuration scheme both linked to the support issue. This is where i get stumped. The support page suggests that I "ue a different scheme" in project settings - fields. This would be fine if I didn't want to alter any of the other issue fields in that project.

Am i going about this the right way?

All I need is a support issue type within an existing project that I can change what fields appear when a user selects the option. 

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hello @Nick Farrow 

Welcome to the community.

For a Classic type project, there is a single Field Configuration Scheme associated to the project. If you want to change the Field Configuration for an Issue Type within that project, you need to create (or update) the Field Configuration for that Issue Type, within the Field Configuration Scheme assigned to the project.

If the Issue Type did not have its own Field Configuration within the existing Field Configuration Scheme, then you would create a new Field Configuration and add it to the Field Configuration Scheme already assigned to the project.

If the Issue Type did already have its own Field Configuration within the existing Field Configuration Scheme, then you would need to modify the Field Configuration that is already assigned.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events