How do I write Version name filter for action Version released in Jira automation?

Ziga Tartara April 15, 2020

When I release Unreleased version, I want all tickets in that version to be transited to status "Deployed" automatically.

When trying to set it in Project automation I am getting an error:

Error

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. To run these components you must add a branch for this version or JQL. The following components require issues: Transition issue

with comment below:

Execute this rule when a version is released. You can access the version object in other components by using the 'version' smart value e.g. {{version.name}}Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 14.13.29.pngwhat should I put in Version name filter.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
joehardin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

Old thread, but the problem with your rule is that the "transition the issue to" is referring to just that: an issue (and not a version). 

Instead you need to keep the same trigger, but instead of the transition action, you need to use the "branched rule / related issues" component. Within the branched rule select "issues fixed in version" then add whatever action(s) you'd like to occur after that.

Natalie Gashkova August 4, 2022

Joehardin, thank you! 

Very not native from jira to make it this way

Like John Funk likes this
Johannes May 23, 2023

is there any way to perform an action on "linked (cloned by) issues" of those "issues fixed in version", regarding the same automation trigger?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Johannes Huber  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should always start a new question so more people will see it and can help. And answers can be tailored to your specific situation. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Yikes! Thanks for updating. I responded to the link above. Let's see if we can generate some activity for you. 

0 votes
Anita Kalmane April 16, 2020

I've got exactly the same question for the same user case

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders