How do I view tasks?

Jamie Cropley April 14, 2023

I made a task like so Epic, Story then task but I can’t see the task I make anywhere in Jira where do I go to find it?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @Jamie Cropley and...

giphy

Out of the box Jira has Epic as the top level. Then are regular issue types like Story, Task, ... And the lowest level has Sub-task.

You can use JQL to find issues. Go to https://[your cloud instance name].atlassian.net/issues/?jql=  and click on "Switch to JQL" If you clear the search criteria and click on Search. Then you get all issues. You can sort them by Created.

Alternatively, you can narrow your search by entering into the search box:

Project = [the project key where you created your Task] AND type = Task

HTH,
KGM

0 votes
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2023

Hi @Jamie Cropley

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen is right, however there is an alternative way you can try as well which is by searching the task by it's name which is available at the top on the menu bar. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2023

Yes...

giphy

I only mention one of a few ways.

Best, KGM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin