How do I stop clockwork app from tracking outside the working hours specified in settings

Francis Akujuobi April 10, 2023

After specifying the working hours in clockwork settings, I still noticed that tickets still in progress that are outside the working hours are still tracking. I thought specifying the working hours will mean that any ticket in progress will stop tracking once they're past the working hours. @Pawel from HeroCoders I'm currently on the free plan. Thanks 

Screenshot-clockwork-track.pngScreenshot-clockwork-working-hours.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hello @Francis Akujuobi 

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I am happy to explain this better.

Clockwork does not stop the automatic timers except the issue is transitioned to a non-active status.

This is because Clockwork recognizes that different users have different schedules and will assume the user’s normal start time based on the log entries and use the number of hours allowable in a workday (from the Working Hours) to detect overnight and over-the-weekend time. The overnight and over-the-weekend time will be subtracted from the total time logged to calculate the Time Spent. The total reported time will be split among days worked with one Jira Worklog entry for each day.

For example, If a user has working hours of 8-16 and start working at 10, we will count the time until 18, assuming they were 2 hours late but still need to work the whole 8 hours.

If you have further questions regarding the App, we could have a chat here.

Francis Akujuobi April 11, 2023

@Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS Thanks a lot for the explanation. It's clear enough. Using your example, sometimes you may have a user who would start working at 10 but also stop working at 16:00 but still leave their task in progress. That would mean it's still tracking. Correct? If so what do you suggest?

Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2023

@Francis Akujuobi 

The time will be calculated based on when the user stops the timer, we do not factor in the end work time for automatic timers.

If the user starts the timer at 10 am, the timer continues until the user stops the timer. The hours will be counted based on the time the timer is stopped.

for example, the timer is started at 10 am and is stopped at 3 pm, Clockwork assumes the user starts everyday work at 10 am and will report 8 hours for that day (full day) and 5 hours for Wednesday giving a total of 13 hours tracked. If the user transitions the issue at 16:00 the same day,6hrs will be recorded. So, clockwork uses the hours between the start and stop work hours to calculate time spent when the automatic timers run overnight and on weekends.

Please see other examples here to better understand how time spent is calculated.

Like Francis Akujuobi likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events