How do I sort status (board columns) on a customized workflow?

lorenx December 20, 2021

I customized a workflow in a company managed project, starting from a template, removing existing statuses and adding new ones.

When I had my workflow ready, I realized that the columns of the board, which are supposed to reflect the workflow statuses, were sorted randomly.

I tried to redesign several times the workflow, trying to guess a possible connection between status and columns order and I regularly failed.

Looking at the XML of the workflow, I noticed that templates define a property “jira.step.order” that seems to do the trick, but I was not able to set a status property with such a name.

How can I define the order with which the board columns are displayed?

1 answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

The columns on the board is based on your board settings, not on the workflow. If you go to Board settings > Columns you can rearrange your columns from here. You can also map your statuses from the workflow to your columns from here.

lorenx December 23, 2021

Thanks for the feedback, but in the company-managed business I cannot find any board settings.

Do you have a solution for company managed business project as well?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events