How do I show all issues with a link (linkedissue) using JQL

Isaias Salazar Torrealba January 10, 2019

I have a Project with many issue and this issue have some issues linked reason "is blocking by"..

So I wolud like to know, how can I to make a "quick filter" JQL that allow me to see all the issue with thats issuelinked... 

it´s possible??

PD: Mi Jira is JiraCloud.

best regards. 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2019

@Isaias Salazar Torrealba Please refer below Atlassian documentation on Advanced Searching JQL functions available out of the box in JIRA Cloud. For your case, you can use the function "linkedIssues()", as mentioned in this document: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html?_ga=2.172276454.455702045.1546880338-1052200788.1531145156#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-linkedIssueslinkedIssues()

Tobbe Wilson November 2, 2021

Trying to use the linkedIssues() function i get an error saying that i have no permission to view it. And the page says that it should be used like "linkedIssues()" but the advanced search says i need an operator as well, like "linkedIssues in ("param","param")"

Which is it?

Rick Westbrock March 29, 2023

I just ran into the same permissions error and found that the proper syntax is "issue" (singular) instead of "issues" plural e.g. issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2019

@Isaias Salazar Torrealba, welcome to the Community. You will need an addon app, e.g. Scriptrunner or Power Scripts, etc for this. While I don't use either I know they support this. for example Scriptrunner has a script function called "haslinks".

Cheers!

Suggest an answer