How do I share a project with users in another organization (they have their own JIRA account)

VP June 23, 2016

I'd like to share a project with JIRA users in another company. Can't seem to find simple instructions on how to do this.

Thx

Vincent

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2016

What do you mean by sharing a project? Giving access to them? If so, they need to be licensed users in your JIRA and you can grant them permissions via project permissions.

VP June 24, 2016

Yes, I meant giving them access to our project. They have their own instance of JIRA. It feels silly that we'd need to buy them a JIRA license in our own project for them to access it when they have their own already. Feels like a basic collaboration scenario. Hard to believe JIRA doesn't allow this in this day and age...

Like # people like this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2016

If you want to sync tickets back and forth, between the two instances, you need to use third party solutions like ConnectAll.

Each instance of JIRA is separate and they don't share data. You can use application links to show search results from one instance on another but the integration ends there. Checkout https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/federating-jira-managing-multiple-instances-461504624.html#FederatingJIRA-ManagingMultipleInstances-FederationFeatures for some of the available features.

Suggest an answer