How do I share a form out of a Jira Cloud business service project?

Dane Wilbanks September 23, 2022

I'm a licensed user, and the site admin. I've created a form I want to provide about 10 people in the organization when these specific people request a new system. How do I publish the form/generate a link to direct these other licensed users? I just want them to see the form, fill out it and hit submit.

I'm seeing a share option in the business project form, but I was having difficulty setting up custom fields, and this option worked. Will I not be able to share from this location?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hello @Dane Wilbanks 

Welcome to the community.

Can you clarify are you working with a Business/Work Management project or a Service Management project?

If it is a Form in a Business/Work Management form, then you navigate to the Forms option, click on the form, click the Share option and there you will see a Copy Link option.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 4.52.17 PM.png

If you have added a form to a Request Type in a Service Management project, then the users need to go through the Customer Portal to select that Request Type and the form will be displayed for them to use.

Dane Wilbanks September 25, 2022

Hey, I mis-phrased that title for sure - sorry about that!

I want to share a form I've built out of a Service Project. The attached screenshot and ability to share comes out of a business project, in which I'm unable to add the custom fields I need to.

Which style of project would be best to suit the needs of sharing a form out to around 10 people to engage in a change control process?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2022

The forms that you can construct in a Service project are for adding to Service project Request Types, not for sharing independently.

For your users to access that form you will need to attach it to a Request Type in the Service project and have the 10 people use the Service Management Customer Portal to create Requests and access the form.

What type of custom field are you unable to include in the Business project form? What steps did you try, and how did it not turn out the way you wanted?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events