Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I set up issue to open in the popup / new page instead of the right panel?

Edited

I've got project with Kanban board.

Before issue were opening in popup on click on them, which was fine. Now they open in the right panel, which is not only completely useless by itself, but also makes all the columns in the board extremely narrow and text in the issue cards extremely small.

Ho do I return the old behavior?

7 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted

In the Kanban board, go to right side click on the three dots - change to "Open issues in dialog" instead of "Open issues in sidebar". Then issue ticket will pop up instead.

open_issue_in_dialog.png

John Funk Community Leader Jan 17, 2023

Perfect solution!

Hi Wong,

Is this option is available in JIRA Server too...?

Thank You!...

Personally, I would prefer if the ticket just opened in a new browser tab. The dialogue is annoying. That does not seem to be an option.

Hi, 

I've got the same issue and screenshot as Raakee. Any ideas?

Mine has been popping up until today.  Now the issue opens off to the right of the screen. Anyone find a fix for this?

I have this issue, too, and it's driving me crazy.  Why did this change?  I didn't change anything.

Like Anton likes this

Guys, I've a solution for this.

I know that isn't optimal, but it works.

In the board, put your mouse above the name of the ticket, and press Ctrl+Click.

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Jun 01, 2019

Hi Alexander – welcome to the Atlassian community! 

Click on your profile picture in the bottom left of the screen. Then choose preferences. On the screen turn on the new Jira issue of you in that your labs section. 

I hope that helps!

Hi,

I don't have my profile pic on the bottom left, but it is on the top right. When I click on it.. there is nothing that says Preference there.

Please see the screenshot:

Capture1.PNG

I really want my tickets to open in a popup rather than on the right side. How do I set this up?

Please help!

Cheers

Raakhee

Having same problem! Ticket details are showing on right side bar instead of popup window. How can i change it? 

Best regards

Like Raakhee likes this

When I'm in my Kanban Board, I turn on and off the detail view by going top right where there is a 'Board' pull down (just below profile/settings/help) and I can click on/off the detail view.  Looks like  this:

2021-09-04_02-24-27-screenshot.jpg

Hi Kevin,

Not sure what the above does? What is that for? Can you please explain?

Try it. It enables and disables the  detail view on the right side.  you will then need to click on the issue number hyper link to open the issue in a different tab in a full view.  it will not get you a pop up but wiil stop the detail view which used tomdrive me crazy.  i never tried to figure out how to turn on popup cause pop ups are kind  of web evil and we tend to try to avoid  them. 

Hey Kevin,

No, unfortunately, that doesn't work. :(  Whether it is Hide or Show when clicked on the ticket it still opens on the right! which is soooooo annoying!

Olga Maus I'm New Here Dec 15, 2022

Hey, for me it it depends on the screen-size. On a big display it will open in a side panel, if i resize it to a smaller size, it will automatically open in a popup. I have not found any settings for this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events