How do I set up a reviewer field on a task/bug

Diane Kramer June 17, 2021

I want to add Reviewer as a field to tasks and bugs, and I want the person assigned as reviewer to become a watcher of the item so they receive notifications.

I found a Reviewer field on one of the configuration screens in Jira, but I wasn't able to add it to my issue screens. So I created a custom field just for the time being. But prefer it to be a standard Reviewer field rather than custom so the notifications will work as they should.

2 answers

0 votes
Rajesh Kumar Reddy June 18, 2021

Safe approach is to have a custom field with user list. Also make sure it is specific to a project and associated Screen Schemes and add the above notification.

Having common settings will pose many challenges in long run when you have so many projects and so many customizations.

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi Diane,

What you need to do is to update the notification schema or create a new one.  I suggest you create a new one so that other projects are not affected and use the new custom field.  

How to setup a notification scheme Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/ 

The next steps is to assign an event such as "issue updated" and add the new user customfield Reviewer. You can add them to any other event.  

notfication scheme.png

Suggest an answer