Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I set up a reviewer field on a task/bug

I want to add Reviewer as a field to tasks and bugs, and I want the person assigned as reviewer to become a watcher of the item so they receive notifications.

I found a Reviewer field on one of the configuration screens in Jira, but I wasn't able to add it to my issue screens. So I created a custom field just for the time being. But prefer it to be a standard Reviewer field rather than custom so the notifications will work as they should.

2 answers

Hi Diane,

What you need to do is to update the notification schema or create a new one.  I suggest you create a new one so that other projects are not affected and use the new custom field.  

How to setup a notification scheme Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/ 

The next steps is to assign an event such as "issue updated" and add the new user customfield Reviewer. You can add them to any other event.  

notfication scheme.png

Safe approach is to have a custom field with user list. Also make sure it is specific to a project and associated Screen Schemes and add the above notification.

Having common settings will pose many challenges in long run when you have so many projects and so many customizations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

869 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you