How do I set an Assignee with a Workflow Status

Jenny Deutschendorf June 27, 2018

Hi Jira Team,

I am working on editing a custom made Workflow Scheme for one of our projects. I am wondering how we can change the assignee based on the status of the task?

For example, when a ticket is created, we would like for it to default to Requirements Gathering and the Assignee be assigned to myself for review.

Once the information has been gathered and the ticket is ready to be worked on, I will switch it to To Do status, but would like the default assignee to be our Software Developer when it is in To Do status. 

Is there a way for me to customize this workflow with dedicated Assignees based on Status? This would help us tremendously!

Thank you,

Jenny

1 answer

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

HI @Jenny Deutschendorf

Yes, you can use the Update Issue Field post function to Assign issue automatically.

Ex. When a ticket is created, on create transition add the Update issue Field post function, select the field as Assignee & provide the values that are yourselves.

Like this, you can achieve this for next set of transitions whenever you want to the assignee to the default user.

post_fun.png

Suggest an answer