How do I remove issues from my Calendar?

Wanda Lugo April 19, 2024

Log into Jira and go to your left navigation pane and select the Calendar towards the bottom of the navigation pane, not the one at the top of the navigation pane.

Click on Create Calendar.  The Edit calendar window opens. 

In the Details tab, there's a Calendar Type field.  Mine is read only and it already has Project selected, therefore it's asking me to fill in the rest of the field details I want to display on my calendar. 

I don't want to display any issues on my calendar.  I want a simple calendar where I can add events, like days off and vacation time.  

How do I remove the issues from my calendar?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Wanda Lugo April 22, 2024

got it!  Thought I'd share the answer just in case someone else encounters the same issue.
Instead of going to the Calendar option on the left navigation pane,

Go to the Apps tab in the top navigation bar - Select Calendar option

Apps-Calendar selection.png

Click on the ellipsis (...) on the right top corner 

Select Edit 

Edit Calendar.png

The Edit Calendar window opens

Select Basic for the Calendar Type 

Click Edit button to save and your calendar will open without Jira issues. 

Edit Calendar window.png

Now you can use the calendar for days off, vacations and other types of events that you would create in the User events tab

Calendar.png

Edit Calendar window/User events tab

Edit Calendar window - user events.png

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

Thanks for the Update @Wanda Lugo - that's the Community spirit we love to see on here :) 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Wanda Lugo and welcome to the Community!

could you provide a screenshot of that "create calender" / edit calender view?

As far as I know, the Standard Jira Calendar functionality is only available per project and cannot be "created" but only switched on or off. Also, it's not a personal calendar but will always show issues from one project/board.

To quote the documentation on the feature

Each of your software projects has a calendar to help visualize and plan work.

The calendar allows your team to see when issues are due and get a quick glance at what the next few weeks or months look like.

Therefore, my guess is that you use some sort of Marketplace App?

Wanda Lugo April 19, 2024

Hi, yes.  Here is the screenshot of the Edit calendar page.  If you select the second Calendar option towards the bottom of the left navigation pane, and click on the Create calendar button, you will see the page below.  Notice how the Calendar Type field is read only, and Project is preselected.

Calendar-Edit Calendar page.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2024

Hi @Wanda Lugo 

this is definitely a Marketplace App. Looks like it could be Calendar for Jira | Atlassian Marketplace ? They have a documentation available. According to that, you can create a Basic Calender that is independent of a project. Go to the top navigation > Apps > Calendar.

If you are a Jira Admin you can check which Apps are installed under Administration > Manage Apps. If you're not, ask an Admin.

Again: 100% not Jira native functionality so for further info it's best to contact the App vendor.

Like Wanda Lugo likes this
Wanda Lugo April 22, 2024

Thank you very much for the information!  I will check with the vendor as to why I can't change the Calendar Type field. 

Thank you again :)  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events