How do I remove a ticket from the backlog on the Agile board?

How do I remove a ticket from the backlog on the Agile board?

I understand how to add a ticket, but there does not seem to be a readily apparent way to remove the ticket.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The backlog is the representation of an underlying filter query. If you want an issue to not appear on the board you have to mark the issue or modify it somehow so that the issue won't be returned by the filter. You could use a flag, a fake version etc.

Cheers

Christian

Step1 : open task which you want to delete.

Step 2: Go to More action tab and click on it. A menu list will drop down.

Step 3: In the bottom of the menu list click "Delete" button, a confirmation alert will popup. Confirma the deletion and refresh your Jira. Issue will be removed from the backlog.

Note: You should have all the right for your project in the JIRA to do this task.

I have a ticket that lives in Project A that was also showing up in the backlog for a different team, Team B - I'm sure because of the filter I created...

I wanted to remove the ticket from the backlog of Team B without deleting the ticket altogether.  It still needs to be done in Project A.

After trial and error, I discovered if I created a Sprint for Project A and moved the ticket to that Sprint, the system removed it from the Team B backlog. Huzzah! 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,082 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you