How do I remove a ticket from the backlog on the Agile board?

B July 31, 2013

How do I remove a ticket from the backlog on the Agile board?

I understand how to add a ticket, but there does not seem to be a readily apparent way to remove the ticket.

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

The backlog is the representation of an underlying filter query. If you want an issue to not appear on the board you have to mark the issue or modify it somehow so that the issue won't be returned by the filter. You could use a flag, a fake version etc.

Cheers

Christian

2 votes
Oleksii Rybalka September 6, 2018

How could I delete all issues from backlog? I need a clear backlog, without any issues.

0 votes
Ismail Alami January 12, 2020

It looks like the answer is that you cannot delete a ticket.

I have created a few for testing and now I cannot delete them. When I open the ticket and click and the 3 settings dots I get the following: Log work, Add a flag, Convert to subtask, Move, Clone, Show me the highlights, Find out more, Turn off for now, Configure.

How can I delete it please?

Murugan Muthukrishnan January 22, 2020

You would need Admin access to delete tickets.

0 votes
Jason Warfe June 27, 2017

I have a ticket that lives in Project A that was also showing up in the backlog for a different team, Team B - I'm sure because of the filter I created...

I wanted to remove the ticket from the backlog of Team B without deleting the ticket altogether.  It still needs to be done in Project A.

After trial and error, I discovered if I created a Sprint for Project A and moved the ticket to that Sprint, the system removed it from the Team B backlog. Huzzah! 

0 votes
sundeep sharma April 28, 2015

Step1 : open task which you want to delete.

Step 2: Go to More action tab and click on it. A menu list will drop down.

Step 3: In the bottom of the menu list click "Delete" button, a confirmation alert will popup. Confirma the deletion and refresh your Jira. Issue will be removed from the backlog.

Note: You should have all the right for your project in the JIRA to do this task.

Suggest an answer