How do I remove a previous sprint from the backlog view in my project?

Chuck Shroder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2018

So my team and I just converted from CA Agile Center (formerly Rally) to Jira. We migrated everything over and are working on our configuration of the system. One thing that Rally did was you had iterations and each iteration contained the user stories or bugs that you added to it and in the top left corner you could toggle between those sprints to see what was in each of them. In Jira, we created all of the historic sprints to move stories and bugs into post conversion. Now that I have a dozen sprints in my view on the Backlog screen in Jira, how do I remove them from that view?  

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

@Chuck Shroder

JIRA Sprint backlog view displays open sprints and backlog. If it is displaying your historic sprints, then they most likely need to be closed.

• Close a sprint from the "Active Sprints" view off tot he left. Select "Complete sprint" near the top right of screen

Hope this helps

Chuck Shroder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 7, 2018

Thank you @Ryan Fish. However, I can only complete sprint for the current active sprint. Is there a way to complete them after I close the current sprint or do I need to start each one and then close them one by one? Thanks!

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

@Chuck Shroder

Anytime.

If you have multiple sprints open, then you are running parallel sprints. You should manage through active sprints view. 
If not, then you would need to close start/ close them AFTER the current sprint as you stated.

Suggest an answer