How do I move tickets from service desk to next-gen project without data loss

Danny April 24, 2019

We have a JIRA service desk setup. This is managed by agents. Our developers work from a next-gen project.  As service desk issues come in they are moved, using the move option from the service desk ticket to the next-gen project.

The current issue is that there is no way to map fields from the service desk project to the next gen project. Is there a way to setup a custom mapping so when tickets are moved the data gets copied appropriately.

In looking at the following it seems unlikely, but I thought I'd reach out and give it a shot.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

Hello Dan,

I hope you are having a nice day.

Unfortunately, next-gen projects have a limited number of custom fields and do not have most of the fields of Service Desk Projects.

That been said, the only workaround would be to copy the Service Desk fields to a field which is available on Next-gen projects (Description for example) before you perform the move.

Automation for JIRA add-on can help you with this. Here are the steps:

- Configure a status to transfer your issues once they are ready to be migrated - E.G: Awaiting implementation

- Configure an automation rule to map the fields to the issue's description, by using smart values

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 13.50.51.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer