How do I make the set language in Jira be the one to be used?

Klas Färd April 8, 2019

In Jira, Personal settings I have selected "English, US", but still the UI is in Swedish.

MS Edge uses the OS language (Swedish), but I do NOT want the apps to use Swedish even if that is my language in general (and keyboard layout) - and there is a language setting in Jira -so how can I make Jira honor that setting ??

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Klas Färd 

May be if you change your MS EDGE language to English Jira will be in english. I think it's a bug from jira.

You can get more informations here : 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-change-default-language-back-to-English/qaq-p/741816

Hope this helps

Klas Färd April 8, 2019

Thanks @Mohamed Benziane : Unfortunately it seems like Edge takes the language from Windows, and I do not want to switch the whole OS just because I want Jira in English :/

But if it is a bug maybe Atlassian will fix it in an upcoming release ? :)

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Can you try with Chrome or Firefox just to be sure that the issue it's from Jira.

TIA

Klas Färd April 8, 2019

Same thing with Chrome...

Suggest an answer