How do I make sub-tasks appear on a Kanban board?

Bob Vickers April 18, 2024

I've just set up a new Jira account and selected the default Kanban board.

I cannot find a way to make sub-tasks appear. I'm sure this used to be available when I used Jira before, but I cannot see how to do that now.

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks

Bob

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Bob Vickers 

welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

Do you use a company or team managed project?

If you are using a company managed project, did you extend the board filter to include the issue type for sub-tasks?

I'm not sure, how do I find that out? I am the admin for our project @Kai Becker 

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Bob Vickers 

the project type can be found in the lower left corner of the project view

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 15.37.53.png

The board filter can be checked via  board > ... menu > general > filter query

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 15.38.43.png

@Kai Becker I've created a team-managed project. The view you've pasted above is the one I am familiar with through previous projects, but the view I currently see is the one below. I'm not sure why I cannot find what you have pasted.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 14.53.15.png

This is resolved by creating a Company based board. I've migrated everything over.

Like Kai Becker likes this
0 votes

-

0 votes
Tharaka_Hettiarachchi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hi @Bob Vickers ,

Can You share your filter? And Please make sure to check the backlog. Sub tasks may remain in the backlog.

Cheers!

Thanks @Tharaka_Hettiarachchi . Currently I have no filters, which I also find odd given previous experience. Is it because I am on the free plan?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 12.53.35.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events