How do I link SVN with JIRA? So that I am able to tag a new release version when I issue a ticket

sachin k p
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2018

If I release a new software version (eg:10.1), how do I make this new version appear in JIRA, so that I can tag this release version in a ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hi Sachin,

For the quick and dirty, check out the documentation for creating a new version in Jira. If you've got time, I would recommend going through our Agile coach which gives you some tips about using Versions in addition to showing you how to set them up in Jira.

As to automatically creating a version in Jira from SVN - I'm not sure there's anything available that does that for you. Out-of-the-box Jira no longer supports integrations with SVN and I didn't find any add-ons that clearly performed the version integration you asked about. There is a SVN plugin you could take a look at here to see if it might be a good fit for other needs you might have, although I wasn't able to see if it did the specific function you asked about right off the bat.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events