How do I limit a group to have access to one project?

Cecilia Tufvesson May 12, 2021

I have more or less same question as other has had but still can't find how to do this.

We have site X 

Where I added group inHouseDev who shall be able to see all projects

But then we have a group External that I want to limit which projects they see.

How do I do this?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Hi @Cecilia Tufvesson and welcome to the community,

Limiting the access to a project can be done using the permission scheme.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

I do believe it is not available on Free plan and I'm unsure which one you have.

If you grant a group/user/role the "browse projects" permission they will have access to interact with/see it.

You'll have to see that you don't give the browse project permissions based on application access or "anyone" but really create either a role (which is best practice) for the project or grant the permissions to a specific group/groups

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2021

Note that you'll want to check, and probably change the existing permission scheme - the defaults use "any logged-in user", which you will need to remove, so that your external group doesn't get access to projects by that route.

Cecilia Tufvesson May 13, 2021

Thanks will try!

Suggest an answer