How do I integrate Jira with Quip?

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com April 16, 2021

When I enter this link it wants to load and then it does nothing :(.

HELP ME PLEASE

1212.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - hi Pablo! There might be an issue on Quip's end? Reach out to their support team (I'm about to do that myself).

Trying to connect Quip to a Jira Cloud instance - I'm running into the same issue. After I put in my Jira Cloud URL and click "Connect", I see a pop-up and then it disappears. (That's where you're supposed to log in with your Atlassian ID.)

I tried to make this connection in the latest non-beta versions of Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome for Windows. Also tried in an incognito window, but no luck.

p.s. On the bright side, the Quip-to-Slack integration still installs like a charm... 😅

@Dave Liao  tell me what result you had from Jura when you solve it please!!

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - definitely. For sure, go to http://help.salesforce.com/ and open a support ticket.

@Dave Liao  as a ticket to the Salesforce group? if I have the problem from quip to Jira?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - yep! Salesforce owns Quip - if you try going to Quip Help, you're redirected to the link I shared above.

There's a higher chance that the issue is related to Quip's integration to Atlassian. If they're not aware of anything, ask them to dig a little for you.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - for fun, I tried adding the Jira live app using the Quip desktop app for Windows. That didn't work. 😭

Also I asked a public question on Trailblazer Community.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - hi Pablo! I'm still having issues with this. Have you had any luck on your end? 👋

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com May 17, 2021

for your luck I want to tell you that no :(

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

Dang. Well, this is us:

giphy

Bhisham Bajaj November 26, 2021

Hi All, I was able to integrate Jira & Quip in first attempt using the info below.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000355133&type=1

Jason Hartfield June 28, 2023

For the life of me I could not find out how to get to the Application Links page.  I ended up asking AI:  Here's the page in case someone else has the same issue:

https://[yourdomain].atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

@Jason Hartfield - you can also double-tap G on your keyboard, then type in "Application links"!

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2022

pablo.vazquez@pedidosya.com - @Bhisham Bajaj mentioned this Salesforce knowledge article: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000355133&type=1

I can confirm that the instructions do work. Unlike the earlier instructions that you and I reviewed back in April 2021, there was no info on configuring an Application Link. If you configure an application link between Jira <> Quip using the specified configuration, you'll be able to pull issues into a Quip doc.

Bhisham Bajaj January 24, 2022

Hi @Dave Liao Is it still working for you fine?
I can connect to Jira now but can't see any filter views except standard filters like my issues, open issues, done issues etc?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2022

@Bhisham Bajaj - I haven't tried it since (I don't use Quip on a daily basis). Hopefully your experience is better now?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events