How do I grant a group permission to manage watchers?

Angie Goodman January 22, 2020

I want to allow the Transportation group to Add Watchers on the Transportation project.  This is the only project they have access to.

I tried to assign the Transportation Group the Manage Watchers permission in my Permission Scheme, but the first problem I run into is that it does not show all of my groups.  Does anyone know how to get beyond the first 20?

pic1.jpg

So I created a role and Assigned the role to this permission.

pic2.jpg

But I read on someone else's Q/A that the person would need global permissions to Browse Users.  I had the same problem adding the Transportation group to the Browse users and Groups because it begins with a T and therefore does not appear in the first 20 that are shown in the LOV. 

So I created a group called All (just so it would begin with an A).  I've added it to this permission:

pic3.jpg

I'm still not getting the add watcher feature:

pic4.jpg

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hello Angie,

I've ran into that issue before with groups and I've typed the full name of the group and it accepts it even though I dont select it from the list. See if that works for you. Unfortunately, I cant see your screenshots very well. For some reason they came across as very small images.

Let me know if that works.

Angie Goodman January 23, 2020

Sorry...when I added the pictures full size, they were HUGE!

Yes it worked, but I swear there were things that did not work yesterday that seem to be working properly today.  I was so frustrated!

Also, I did not need to use a Role, since I was able to just add the group successfully.  I prefer to not have extra configuration if I can avoid it. :-) 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer