How do I give an admin access to creating workflows? We do not have the jira-administrators role

Mark Zahra September 4, 2018

We are setting up JIRA for a new project and need to give the project admin access to create workflows. However, he is not able to do so. He is the project lead within JIRA.

I found info about setting the user to have the role of jira-administrators, but we cannot find that user-role within our setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hello,

Only Jira administrators can create workflows. You have no choice as to grant this user the Jira Administrator permissions.

Ok, where should we do that from, please?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

You should add your user to any group which has the Jira Administrators global permission. You can find more info about global permissions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-global-permissions-861253290.html

Thanks Alexey!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

You are welcome! If my answer helped you, kindly mark it as accepted.

How do I do that?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

You should click the button in the red rectanglUntitled.pnge:

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

Thank you!

Suggest an answer