How do I get subtasks to appear on a business project board?

Matt December 16, 2021

Title says it all really but this is a problem because subtasks may be assigned to different team members than the main task.

As far as I can see, these tasks would then become invisible on the business project board.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Hi Matt,

Currently, sub-tasks are not able to be shown directly on the board for business projects. Hopefully, they are working on the ability to do that, but I don't know a timeframe.

There will now be an icon on the card, though, that shows there are subtasks associated with the card. You can then open the card to see the sub-tasks. 

The other thing you can do is create a new board with a board filter that includes the Business project. You will need to use your personal profile or another non-business project for the Location field though. 

Matt December 19, 2021

Thanks for the help 👍 Yes it felt like a workaround was going to be needed. 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Stooz The Stoozer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2021

Business project boards dont show subtasks. You may need to create a new filter and kanban board that views your project outside of the default board. 

Matt December 19, 2021

Thanks 👍

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events