How do I get admin permissions?

Daniel Tita March 8, 2021

How do I get admin permissions on the free Cloud Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

If you are the one that set the instance up you should have it already. If not chat with the current admin about this.

I did not set it up and the guy who set this up doesn't know how to do it. Pls help

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Have him go to admin>user management and find your name and add you to the Administrators role. You actual available roles could be different but it should be clear once there. Please reference this article - how-do-jira-permissions-work 

Hi Jack, I entered as the original user, kindly please help me find admin>user management

Thanks a lot

Daniel

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Click on the Cog/gear in upper right corner of menu bar and select user management 

There is no Cog/gear in my Confluence right corner of menu bar

Capture.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

You will only have access to that if you are logged in as an admin. 

I am logged in as the original user who opened the account and Confluence refuses to help users on the free option. Thanks a lot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2021

This suggests that the original user removed themselves from the Admin group(s) for the application.  They should still be able to add them (and/or your own account) back into it if they go to site admin and look at the user settings and groups.

Default groups to look at, from memory, would be site-admins, administrators and system-administrators

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events