How do I get access to other fields in JQL than the default ones?

Stig Espenhein May 6, 2021

Hi 

I've made queries in the jira cloud add-on in google sheets and found the following fields from the fields section:

Linked Issues.issueType (issuelinks.issuetype)

Linked Issues.linkType (issuelinks.linktype)

I've added the fields and am able to view them, but when I integrate them in my JQL statement in order to filter and sort on them Jira pops up with a error message.

Field ' issuelinks.issuetype' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Does anyone know how to use the fields in JQL? I've tried with  "Linked Issues.issueType" and also with issuelinks.issuetype both in the add-on i sheets and in the advanced issue navigator i Jira with same results. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hello @Stig Espenhein 

Welcome to the community.

Not all fields are accessible in JIRA via JQL natively. In many cases you can get access to additional fields by adding third party apps from the Marketplace.

Natively JIRA does not provide very much access in JQL to the information about the issue linked to an issue.

If you tell us about what you are trying to achieve with your query, we can perhaps offer more specific guidance.

Stig Espenhein May 10, 2021

Hi Trudy - thanks for replying. I've made a manual workaround and will consider the third party apps. 

Thanks 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events