How do I get a list of un-resolved issues that are blocking tests?

Mark Ingle May 13, 2021

I have the following JQL written but it is returning issues that were blocking tests but are now resolved.....to be more clear...the issues listed in "is blocked by" for each test include issues that are been resolved.  I need to exclude these

issuetype = Test AND project = "BSS-Cerillion UAT Testing" AND issueLinkType in ("is blocked by") AND status != Resolved

3 answers

0 votes
Mark Ingle May 13, 2021

I was just informed by our administrator that ScriptRunner for JIRA has been installed....maybe that will help.  Ill start reviewing ScriptRunner syntax

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Hi Mark,

Try this: issuetype = Test AND project = "BSS-Cerillion UAT Testing" AND (issueLinkType in ("is blocked by") AND status != Resolved)

Mark Ingle May 13, 2021

thanks for trying John....its still pulling linked issues that are resolved.

JIRA_Problem.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Nic is correct - it is not checking the status of the linked issues with that JQL.

Mark Ingle May 13, 2021

I agree....hard to get it there though

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

The issueLinkType clause looks at the type of link, it does not consider the issue on the other end of the link.  Is that what you think is wrong with your results?  It's not looking at the other end of the link?

Mark Ingle May 13, 2021

Possibly...its been so long since I have used JQL.  3 years.  It does appear that it is ignoring the status of the linked issue that is blocking the test.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events