How do I get Jirabot messages to me not send phone/watch Slack notifications?

Ruth Norton September 4, 2018

Jira App messages from Slack are draining my battery, I want no bot messages to send me a notification or watch notification.  How do I configure it to only do that on my desktop? It's draining my battery.

I added the app to a Slack channel and control the communication preferences that way.  However, the Jira app itself still continues to send me direct messages where I cannot configure notification preferences.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Just found the answer:

• Type /jira in your direct message to Jira
  • Click on "Manage subscription"
  • At the bottom of the newly opened page, you should see a table mentioning the channel @{your username}. Delete that.
0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Hi Ruth

Are you using a work email on your phone? Or did you add a mobile plugin to your JIRA?

Best,

Apologies, I thought I added it.  It's a plugin between Slack and Jira.  I've updated my question for clarity.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

Uncheck mobile notifications from Slack.

Suggest an answer