How do I find issues which were moved out from a sprint

pmeghrajani November 18, 2020

For finding issues that spill over from one sprint to next, I tried this JQL posted by a user, but it did not work for me

project = name AND Sprint in openSprints() AND Sprint in closedSprints()

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi @pmeghrajani  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The query you noted works after the current sprint has started.  If it has not yet started, please try:

project = myProjectName AND sprint IN futureSprints() AND sprint IN closedSprints()

The sprint field is a list, so it will contain all of the sprints which an issue has been in, with one exception: if you put an issue in a future sprint and then remove it before it starts, the sprint value is removed.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

Hello,

When you close a Sprint in Jira Software, the stories you didn't finish are either marked as done in the closed Sprint, or moved to another Sprint.

An issue can't be in 2 different sprints. As a result, your issues are either in a closed Sprint, or in a new one, which explains why your query doesn't return anything.

You should try either project = name AND Sprint in openSprints(), or project = name AND Sprint in closedSprints()

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events