How do I find all Releases for All Projects via JQL?

Joe April 2, 2018

We have multiple projects and each project has its own unrelated release and release dates.  We are looking for a query we can run that will list all releases from all projects that are not in a "Closed" state.  We don't want a list of open issues, we are looking for a list of the actual releases.  The kind of detail you get from the Release page of a Project.

The reason for this is so we can look at one page and see all releases in progress for all projects. 

Is there a way to create a list of all open Releases across all Projects using JQL?

1 answer

3 votes
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

@Joe have you considered adding the Jira Road Map gadget to your System Dashboard? I think it would accomplish what you are setting out to do.

Just go to JIra Administration, choose System, select System Dashboard, click Add Gadget, and choose Jira Road Map. Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 5.00.22 PM.png

Joe April 2, 2018

That is close to what I am looking for, except you cannot specify different fields or Release status.  It also isn't something that can be sent to someone else like a query can. 

If you could use the fields that the gadget is using in JQL, it would solve everything.  I appreciate the suggestion and I will add that to my Dashboard.  It's a good start!  Thanks!

Hopefully there is a (free) JQL solution out there.

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

@Joe Did you have a chance to install and test the Jira Road Map gadget? It only shows projects that have not been released and it has a progress bar showing issues completed against total target issues for the release.

JQL is going to filter by issue, so if you do filter for something like fixVersion not in releasedVersions() and only show certain columns (ex: Fix Version and Status) you are going to see lots of duplicates. 

You could create a webhook, using the previously mentioned JQL filter, that is triggered each time an issue is updated. That information can be sent in a JSON file which you could use to display details the way that you prefer.

Deleted user August 17, 2020

I found the easiest way was to copy and paste from the Release list into a spreadsheet!

Like Diana Frank likes this
Kodi Terry March 19, 2021

I don't mind copying and pasting this info to a spreadsheet, however, how do you get information about released - for a historical look?

Like Alberto Ferrari likes this

Suggest an answer