Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I filter a second board for real ease to show only issues that have been move to done

We have two boards one for dev and one for a release. How do I filter the real ease board to show only items that have been move to done by the dev team ? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Verkline Ayuk Egbe ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

My suggestion is to setup columns in a different way in your boards.

In particular, on the DEV board please map just desired dev statuses and in the Release one you need to map just the statuses that release team should consider.

It should solve your requirement.

Fabio

0 votes
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 12, 2022

Hi @Verkline Ayuk Egbe  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is it exactly that you are trying to solve? 

Hi @Verkline Ayuk Egbe and welcome to the Community!

This all comes down to how you set up your dev and release process. If your dev and release teams are working on the same tickets (let's assume that is the case), they share the same workflow.

Assuming - once more - that this looks somewhat like this:

Backlog > Ready for Development > Dev in Progress > Development Done > Release In Progress > Done

Statuses are mapped to columns of your board. So in your Dev board, Development Done would be the last (rightmost) column of your board. The Release In Progress and Done statuses should not be mapped to columns at all.

In the Release board, Just map those 2 statuses to columns of the board. You would not even need to do anything else than in the dev board, just map the right statuses to the corresponding columns.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your response .but can you clarify more . You said the Release in Progress and done column on the release should not be mapped to columns at  all then you later said in the release board  I should mapped the two column of the release board .please  it will be helpful if you clarify me a little more . Thank you 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

15,051 views 38 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you