How do I filter DONE task on a specific date interval?

veronica_santos July 15, 2021

I need to filter  on a kanban board DONE tasks on a specific weekly time interval, for example DONE tasks from July 5th until July 9th

2 answers

2 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Create a quick filter with a JQL like this…

status changed to done during (2021-01-01, 2021-01-15)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

If you want a dynamic weekly view then

status changed to done during (Startofweek(),endofweek())

Like SehoonPark likes this
veronica_santos July 15, 2021

Thank you very much! Unfortunatly is it not working. I receive a green check and at the same time a message of not finding the JQL commend Done (...)

erro.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2021

As Trudy points out you cannot use statuscategory in that manner. That is why I used Done in my example.

If indeed you have multiple ’done’ statuses then assuming you set the resolution field, which you certainly should, then consider the following…

Resolved >= 2021-01-01 and resolved < 2021-01-15

Like # people like this
veronica_santos July 19, 2021

Hi Jack, this worked too, but I received less tasks than using the Status field. (same time interval) I have to understand why this happens, since I expected more results with this filter

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2021

I can’t say for sure but maybe you should check to see if the resolution is actually set on the issues that are not showing up. The “resolved “solution requires that the resolution field is being set with an issue is moved into a status of type done category.

Got it! makes sense. Thank you

Fiat Republic August 25, 2023

works well !

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2021

Reference document:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-operators/#Advancedsearchingoperatorsreference-CHANGEDCHANGED

You cannot use the CHANGED operator on the statusCategory field.

Try this

status changed to Done DURING ("2021/07/01","2021/07/07") 

Thanks, Trudy! 

Suggest an answer