How do I download a sprint report?

susan baird April 26, 2018

We would like to provide an overview of our sprint outcomes via GovDex so I would like to be able to download and edit our sprint reports

6 answers

10 votes
Andrew February 12, 2019

6 years later and this same simple request remains outstanding. The link page option is the only recommended path to via the data in the same way but it simply isn't very effective.

Frustrating as a user trying to provide better visibility to external stakeholders to see a product feature so close to perfect only to require significant external effort to replicate the simplicity of the provided report. 

Jaime Forero October 18, 2019

Agree is been long enough 

Like Marie-Elyse_Bertrand likes this
Devin Henderson January 30, 2020

Seriously, this is pretty basic functionality. 

Like Marie-Elyse_Bertrand likes this
stevepowell2000 February 5, 2024

Checking in here ... 2/5/24 ... now 11 years later and still not able to do this.

2 votes
James Walker January 23, 2023

Typical atlassian to not bother with basic user functionality

1 vote
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2024

Hi everyone 👋

I hope you're doing well. I wanted to share some exciting news with you. My team and I at SaaSJet have developed a new Sprint Performance Report. This report contains various metrics for each sprint, including Team Velocity. You can access it through the Time In Status for Jira add-on.

SP TV (1).png    

I'm also pleased to inform you that you can now share the report with others. Moreover, the download option will soon be available.

I would be happy if you had a look at it! 

Try Time In Status for Jira + Sprint Report for free.

You can also book a live demo - we'll show you the application inside out and answer all your questions.

Now you can share report and very soon download option will be availiable. 

Have a nice day and happy sprinting 🥳

1 vote
Ivan Aschwanden April 26, 2018

i have the same problem

0 votes
Alexander Brier August 29, 2023

Hello all,

May be helpful to know you can simply highlight, copy and paste (into a sheet/excel file for example). The hyper-links remain as well. 

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018

Hello @susan baird and @Ivan Aschwanden,

You can't download sprint reports in Jira, see the related feature request: Ability to export the Sprint reports into a common format.

The only way I can think of to download and edit the sprint report is to use an add-on like eazyBI or Arsenale Dataplane to redo your own report (see examples here and here).

Hope this helps,

- Manon

susan baird May 1, 2018

Thanks Manon, 

I appreciate your response, I don't think I'm techy enough to get the add ons to do what I want them to do - but at least I know I'm not missing something in Jira.

Cheers

Susan

Siva February 8, 2019

Hi Manon ,

You could do this in a simple way. Navigate to Blue bar in jira and click on Search Icon . Select the filters by Project Name or Sprint name it will display list of all issues with respect to the project you have selected . Now click on the export icon on right top of the search results screen and select the Export to Excel (CVV) all files option . Now all the issues in the project will be download in Excel format. Finally you can filter the Sprint wise by using Data Filter in Excel. 

Hope this works for you .

Thanks 

Sivakumar Chandraiah

Like # people like this
GOWTHAMKARTHICK G March 21, 2019

Helped a lot

Jocelyn Menard September 19, 2019

Hi Sivakumar,

Unfortunately this method lack some information like issues added after the start of the sprint which for our team is a crucial, info we need.

Like # people like this
Raj M July 13, 2020

Not able to extract detailed view of Sprint report with epics and user stories linked to the same with the status

stephen_wolford September 13, 2022

You should be able to export all reports. What a dumb move not to allow that.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer