How do I delete all JIRA data and start from scratch?

hristo June 23, 2020

I started a free trial to test if JIRA would work for me. Since I was using this as a playground of sorts, I'd like to now clean up and start again. I tried cancelling the subscription under "Subscriptions & Billing" a while ago, but that did not delete the "site". All I see is...

"We've received your request to cancel this site. You won't be charged with your next renewal."

Is there a way to just delete all things JIRA and start from absolute scratch, or perhaps delete the "site" and create a new one?

Thanks,
Hristo

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

@hristo  Your site will be deleted, they give you a grace period and then its gone. I would just go and create a new JIRA instance and start afresh.

hristo June 23, 2020

@Arthur Mack thank you for your response! I'd like to create a new JIRA instance / "site", but I can't find a way to do that within the Admin console at "admin.atlassian.com".

Perhaps I should try the main Atlassian website...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2020

You could just set up a new instance. Just as you did with the first. The trick is that you can’t use the same instance URL. If you want that you need to reach out to Atlassian support.

0 votes
AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2022

Hello, 

If that all was testing and you want to use the same site, just wipe off all the data there and start from scratch. The benefit would be you can use the same URL.

Here are the steps:

1)Navigate to https://admin.atlassian.com and log in with admin / site credentials.
Select the site that needs resetting.

2)Select Manage Subscriptions under the Subscriptions & Billing heading within the left column of the UI.

3)If there is only a single application / subscription within the site, you will need to add a new temporary one. (watch how in the video)

4)Once there are at least two applications / subscriptions, click the ... for the one that needs to be reset and choose Delete only if you have a backup! cheeky
Type DELETE in the confirmation box.

Provide a reason for Atlassian. (This really does help)
Click the Delete button.

5)Wait for the Site to update showing that the application / subscription has been deleted.
Reactivate the application / subscription by navigating back to Site Settings and selecting Discover Applications under Subscriptions & Billing (left column)

Find the application that was deleted and click the Reactivate button.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events