How do I delete a board in the new JIRA UI? Edited

Hi there! I'm trying to delete a board. I know that in the old UI you could do it as described here  but in the new UI I can't find where to go to delete a board. Can you please help?

Thank you, 

Tod Kiryazov
Head of Product, Insurify

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments Closed
3 votes

Maybe there is an easier way but you can search for "boards" using the search icon and click on the "View all boards" option.

That worked! Thank you 🙏

Thanks! Didn't find any other way to do this!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 04, 2017

yep that appears to be the only way. sort of a pain but i guess i will get used to it. I'm going to accept this as the answer so it helps others.

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 17, 2017

you should be able to go to Boards>view all board and click the ellipses. 

Thanks, Jack! I don't see the boards in the menu. Should I enable it somehow?

I find no menu item anywhere, but I used secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa added to my company URL and it took me to the interface, so it is in there... just no obvious way to get there. Make a bookmark I guess?

you click the search magnifying glass and look down and find boards and "view all boards" is there. just as was indicated in the accepted answer.

Great. I see it now. Thanks.

Thanks for this! I would have never thought to go to a Search function to find 'View all boards'.

Trevor Mack Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2018

I also find this strange that from the board I want to delete I can't

I have to access boards through my PROFILE!

Jack Brickey Community Champion Tuesday

@Amy Biasella, if it is a business project that the board is associated with then that would explain why you access via your profile. boards can only have the "location" set to the project if it is a Software project. Regardless the board is fully functional even when located in your profile. Is there a issue you are having w/ boards associated to your profile?

It's just not intuitive to me as a 8+ year user and JIRA admin. We have a handful of JIRA server instances and one cloud instance and it's annoying to switch between the two UIs.

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

592 views 2 15
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot